Monday, August 8, 2011

Putting a page "on hold"

This weekend I set out to be productive and complete my DT assignments ahead of time but it wasn't meant to be. Between watching "Mad Men" season 4 and "Shawn The Sheep" on Netflix (we are cramming in shows now that we've decided to drop our subscription on August 31 in protest of the new fees) and trying to keep Lola from jumping on the sofa, I barely have time to  think.


I really just want to follow my own ideas and make pages for myself right now. Trying to stick to a color scheme or a specific theme is really messing with my mojo. That being said.... (smile- I even break my own rules!)) I will be joining Stuff To Scraps' August color challenge because Chantal specifically asked me to and because the colors chosen are FABULOUS! Go check it out here: stuff2scrap.blogspot.com
The colors are

  • SUGAR RUSH PINK
  • TROPICAL WATER BLUE
  • SPAGHETTI WESTERN RED
  • PANDA EYES BLACK
  • SOFT SERVE WHITE
Nice right? I thought so! 
So I will get started on that page right away because frankly, I can't ignore 2 very polite and complimentary requests to join the fun. 
So today I want to share this:
A Good Day
Materials- Studio Calico paper,  Ki Memories script title, Maya Road leaf pins, Hambly Studio washi tape, Cosmo Cricket black chipboard

 I took these while Lola was walking and was amazed by how she looked like she was dancing. You can also tell my printer has run out of ink. I would reprint but at 30 bucks a pop printer cartridges have just turned into a luxury and I would rather save my money for something else.




MuChoS SmOoChEs!
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. congrats on being headhunted :-) these pics are just gorgeous! really like the way the negative at the top gets cut off and implies 'there is so much more' x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics, and the pop of pink Lola's dress brings to the layout. Great job with the color palette, I have this one on my "to do" list :)

    I have been trying to set new scrappy goals for my DT's as well, but it just doesn't seem to work out. Whenever I get the motivation, one or all three of the kids get needy every time. Never fails :( one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very cool layout Michelle and Lola is so so gorgeous. such a sweet little girl in her pink dress ...love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! So you print your pix at home! I think I need to try that. Do you have a specific "photo printer"? And what kind of paper do you use? I have a Brother all-in-one, and yes, the print cartridges are so spendy! But I think it would be worth it to be more in control of what I print cropping etc. on the fly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm dropping by to thank you for finding me through Julie's Going Postal :) Your layout today is gorgeous - so full of life! I'll be back, I can tell..

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.