Thursday, October 3, 2013

Skissedilla and DCWV & A Flair For Buttons Blog Hop sneak peeks

Hello!
Been gone for two weeks. OOPS!
There's lots of scrappy paper crafting going on in the background.

This Saturday I'll be participating in the first ever DCWV - A Flair For Buttons blog hop.
I made a couple of pages that took me out my usual color scheme so I'm excited.
Here are two a sneaky peeks at my projects:

DCWV A Flair For Buttons Blog Hop Glam rock stack scrapbook page
I looked at the large record page on the DCWV stack FOR-EVER till this subject  idea rose up.
Whew! No need for a photo of   Lola rocking out to Van Halen after all.
DCWV A Flair For Buttons Blog Hop sneak peek1
I made a card- an actual CARD!!! And one I like- very rare indeed.
Then on Sunday, my guest designer for the October Skissedilla sketch challenge goes up.
I'm honored to be part of this group which has introduced me to so many incredible scrappers.
Sneaky peek:
Skissedilla October Sketch Challenge- Guest Designer Michelle Hernandez
I used a butterfly punch garland I've had in my stash for over a year as well as my
absolute favorite mini feathers chipboard from Scrap FX. My page won't be the only one
posted either- it's gonna be fly mi gente.
I've been doing a lot of soul searching as of late.
I write posts in my head but because I committed to a path of positivity (wait- is that even a word?) here I haven't been able to truly capture how I feel.
How much do I reveal?
How much detail do readers care to know?

It's hard to find the middle ground between honesty and pure emotional detritus.
So I'm keeping my trap shut for now.
Frankly- how I feel changes so frequently shutting up is probably the best idea- when I figure things out I can  tell it all with some perspective or just laugh at all the internal drama and move the effer on.

Anyway if you have some time this weekend please swing by and say hello.
Twilight pumpkins Salt Lake City farm
We stumbled across a pumpkin farm on the way home yesterday- lots of  last minute Fall themed photos ensued.
Have a great week.
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! First, congrats on beeing guest designer at Skissedilla!! (you just follow me then LOL )
    Love Your work in this post! So funny With the record page!
    And I saw some pumpkin photo on Instagram, gorgeous! We don't see that here in Norway so for me it's spectacular With all those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Party card. The paint drips and the chalkboard. Love the "record" on the Let's Roll layout. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Ok peeps lets CHAT! You tell me what you REALLY think and I PROMISE to keep it open minded here.